Boot up Screen Blank Pc wont complete boot up

mulva42 23:18 02 Jun 04

I have done a silly thing to the Kernel on my pc which runs XP pro. A while ago i loaded a fancy boot screen(swissboy).I wanted to load a service pack and the system says it couldn't because of a core kernal not being original, So i tracked it down to being the boot scrn i loaded so i tried to undo but when it came to reooting i lost the boot screen and it doesn't go any further so a BIG OOOPPS.. is in order.If i get it going again i will be sticking to the normal programs that come with software. Anyone know how i can get around this as i have lost alot of info as you can imagine. Thanks..4 Any help

mulva42 23:19 02 Jun 04

bump

VoG II 23:25 02 Jun 04

Will it start in Safe Mode? Or Last known good configuration.

A bump within a minute is rediculous - be patient.

mulva42 23:30 02 Jun 04

I cant get into safe mode tried the last known in config menu but XXX. Sorry about the bump..

Were exactly would i get into safe mode? from the mother-board boot sector. I would knoe hoe to do it on an ibm pc but the pc i built myself and it's a biostar MB.

VoG II 23:33 02 Jun 04

Restart. Keep tapping the F8 key just before the Windows screen loads. Select from the menu.

pipedream 23:33 02 Jun 04

Not sure about this problem but you could probably get at your data by installing you hard drive as a slave in another PC.

PSF 23:40 02 Jun 04

If last known configuration does not work the best option is to do a system repair.

Change the bios to boot from cd insert your XP cd
follow the instructions to install xp. You will then get the option to do a system repair, this will remove all the system files and re-install XP. You will not loose any programs, only the MS updates will need to be re-installed.

PSF 23:42 02 Jun 04

click here more info on the repair option.

mulva42 23:44 02 Jun 04

A big hand to you VoG thats me did it restored last good config. Didn't realise that most pc's were the same for safe-mode(Now i know). Thanks to all that supported me on this tired hour,I am proud to be a member of PC Advisor it seems to never let me down when there is a problems. Time 4 Bed.. Cheers

THE TERMINATOR 23:56 02 Jun 04

If you're smart enough to build a pc, then how come you're not smart enough to know how to start in safe mode?

mulva42 00:00 03 Jun 04

Cause i have built monitors/system units/servers/keyboards for the last 13 years but that doesn't mean to say that i know How the software side off it works..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…