Boot up and Scandisk

pj123 12:55 16 Apr 06

This previous thread click here

Has started happening again. We solved it last time by reformatting. Don't really want to go down that route again unless absolutely necessary.

Any fresh ideas we can try please?

pj123 15:55 18 Apr 06

C'mon guys. Has no one got any other ideas?

It's not really a problem, all he has to do is press the Enter twice and it boots and runs normally. It's just annoying that it is there and we got rid of it once. But it has come back.

johndrew 16:47 18 Apr 06

I`m not sure if this is helpful or not.

When I suffered my hard drive failure recently click here it was after I`d had a report of WinDisk showing all sorts of anomalies click here which I was unable to get a full handle on. I had little warning (in my eyes with my limited knowledge) until the drive just went. I had Scandisk requests then as well.

Could it be that a drive is failing but more slowly than mine did? I should add that my drive was only 9 months old at the time - a Maxtor 6L250SO.

I have tried to pass my experience on click here but whether I have provided enough information or even used the correct terminology I`m not certain. If you was more information I shall try to provide it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…