Boot from Raid in XP

Dorsai 20:52 19 Jun 04

I have spent the last 14 hours Rebuilding my PC with new bits. I managed to get all the new parts fitted.

It post'd OK

So i set up the new Raid0 array in HPT setup (with two brand new OEM 80Gb HDD's), fdisk'd the new raid0 Array & partitioned as i wished, formatted the new partitiones, and installed Xp on the Primamry, Active, Partition, C: .

so far so good.

It booted into XP a few times as the setup went along, till suddenly it tried to boot using my CD rom. I had removed the XP disk at this stage as i was now re-installing my various apps.

now i have had to unplug the RAID disks and put my old HDD in to boot on my old OS to seek help.

Dorsai 22:58 19 Jun 04

If i re-boot in Xp it fails..If i power down and power up no prob at all...that's how i can post this...turn off on PSU, count to 10.....turn PSU on.. Power up from power button....

Chegs ® 02:31 20 Jun 04

Sounds like you might have corrupted XP boot file.Try booting up the system to XP whilst pressing F8 to enter "Safemode" This might work and allow you to check its boot files.Either that or use "Repair" Put the XP CD in drive,boot from it and run thru the various options(setup XP=Y,it will check for previous installs,find your XP,Press "R" to get to "Repair" options)This will repair your XP but shouldn't affect the software already installed.

Dorsai 10:14 20 Jun 04

I had accidently put the drives on the slave connection on the cable, with 'cable select' on the jumpers. shifting the drive to the master plug sorted it. D'oh!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…