Boot Up Query

Yorkie156 19:04 27 Jul 07

This follows on from a earlier post that I placed on here, When I switch me PC on it sometimes hangs at the motherboard screen. Someone suggested entering my bios and disabling my logo screen. However the problem I have now is that I am unable to get into my BIOS tried taping the del key but all I get to is the set up screen. Any one got any further ideas please

Strawballs 19:06 27 Jul 07

That is the bios

howard64 20:27 27 Jul 07

as Strawballs says that is the bios work through the menus until you find the thing you want.

crosstrainer 20:38 27 Jul 07

time and date, and moving on from there

boot options. hdd priority etc

post back if confused or unsure

Yorkie156 23:59 27 Jul 07

Its not the BIOS I know what the bios screen is like but this is just a black screen with entering set up and a list of other things def not the bios any other ideas thanks

Toffly 00:46 28 Jul 07

What OS? Sounds like it's trying to boot into safe mode if it's just loads of lines of text. Is the text loads of directory paths?

Yorkie156 14:55 29 Jul 07

The OS is Vista Ultimate, the actual screen is just information about the system, it says that it is entering set up but nothing happens. Any ideas

Toffly 20:49 31 Jul 07

Sounds like sommats up with your BIOS, it'll mean set up as in the BIOS setup, not Vista's setup I would have thought.

Do you get any beeps as the system boots?

Yorkie156 20:58 31 Jul 07

The system boots up fine once I press the reset button, but for some reason just hangs at the motherboard screen to start with. I am baffled.

Toffly 23:26 31 Jul 07

Your computer isn't kept in a cold room is it? Could be a problem with the components getting cold?

If not, then I'd guess maybe a dodgy BIOS version?

Do you have two sticks of RAM? Maybe try removing them one at a time, and see if it boots ok with just one. A long shot, but a lot of boot problems seem to RAM related in my experience.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:43 01 Aug 07

Probably either memory problem or struggling to find the hard drive.

Remove and refit bothe the memory modules and the cales into the Hard drives and retry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…