Boot-up problems/missing driver

Gothdj 11:59 29 Mar 03

Can anyone help please?
2 problems:-
1. Each time I boot up Scan disk kicks in - but if I let it complete it finds no errors
2. Then I get a message saying that Windows registry or System.Ini is looking for a driver that has been deleted. The missing driver is Vsdata95.vxd but I have not knowingly deleted it, don't know what it is/was or which application requires it.

By ignoring this (press spacebar to continue etc.etc.) I can complete the boot-up and don't seem to have any problems using the pc, but it's all a bit of a pain.
(Win 95SE)

Grateful for any help

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:09 29 Mar 03

I think this is somethin to do with it
click here

Megatyte 12:30 29 Mar 03

Check to see if it's referenced in your system ini file. If it is put a rem in front of it.

AH

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:40 29 Mar 03

Ooops on further inspection this the uninstall page and you wont need it unless you wanna uninstall,or have za installed,but i still think the file is related to za in some way.

Regards.

Gothdj 22:26 31 Mar 03

ÑÌÇKÑÂMË

Even so, it worked, as I reinstalled ZA and then uninstalled it properly (which I probably hadn't done before when I removed this program). There are now no references to the missing file on boot-up, so thanks.

However, I still have the problem of scan disk running at start-up but no errors found. Also, my hard disk is making an awful rasping noise and freezing mid-boot which requires me to reset 2-3 times in order to boot -up.

The last time this happened I got the message:
"Your program caused a divide overflow error".
Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…