Boot-up problems/missing driver

Gothdj 11:59 29 Mar 03

Can anyone help please?
2 problems:-
1. Each time I boot up Scan disk kicks in - but if I let it complete it finds no errors
2. Then I get a message saying that Windows registry or System.Ini is looking for a driver that has been deleted. The missing driver is Vsdata95.vxd but I have not knowingly deleted it, don't know what it is/was or which application requires it.

By ignoring this (press spacebar to continue etc.etc.) I can complete the boot-up and don't seem to have any problems using the pc, but it's all a bit of a pain.
(Win 95SE)

Grateful for any help

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:09 29 Mar 03

I think this is somethin to do with it
click here

Megatyte 12:30 29 Mar 03

Check to see if it's referenced in your system ini file. If it is put a rem in front of it.

AH

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:40 29 Mar 03

Ooops on further inspection this the uninstall page and you wont need it unless you wanna uninstall,or have za installed,but i still think the file is related to za in some way.

Regards.

Gothdj 22:26 31 Mar 03

ÑÌÇKÑÂMË

Even so, it worked, as I reinstalled ZA and then uninstalled it properly (which I probably hadn't done before when I removed this program). There are now no references to the missing file on boot-up, so thanks.

However, I still have the problem of scan disk running at start-up but no errors found. Also, my hard disk is making an awful rasping noise and freezing mid-boot which requires me to reset 2-3 times in order to boot -up.

The last time this happened I got the message:
"Your program caused a divide overflow error".
Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017