boot up problems please help!!!!

stef9000 20:59 23 Feb 03

just this morning i desided to buy new memory for pc so took the one out thats in to check what its was exactly and put it back in and the comp would'nt boot up monitor just says no signal, tryed another monitor still nothing, checked the memory still nothing checked all the power cables there ok and ribbon cables etc.. on the front the red power light comes on for 20 seconds then goes off, but the hard drive light never even blinks which it usually does cd drives are lighting up and working swapped the power connectors over but still nothing ive double checked everything can somebody please help im going nuts tryin to rattle my brain.im using a ecs k7vta3 motherboard.

woodchip 21:08 23 Feb 03

You have obviously disturbed something, or put the memory in the wrong slot it should be in slot 0 or 1 is it fully in.

howard60 22:27 23 Feb 03

and putting it back in. - you should get a series of beeps when it wont start do you?

steve0 22:42 23 Feb 03

Did you earth yourself first - or wear an earthing strap - memory chips are very sensitive to static.

steve0 22:42 23 Feb 03

Did you earth yourself first - or wear an earthing strap - memory chips are very sensitive to static.

DieSse 23:25 23 Feb 03

When you took the memory out, did you disconnect the power lead from the system, or just switch off from the front panel??

Ironman556 23:30 23 Feb 03

If you have the new memory try putting that in. If it all boots up fine then you'll know it's the old memory that's gone.

(What's with the double posts I've been seeing a lot recently)

Ironman556 23:30 23 Feb 03

If you have the new memory try putting that in. If it all boots up fine then you'll know it's the old memory that's gone.

(What's with the double posts I've been seeing a lot recently)

Ironman556 23:31 23 Feb 03

Ah right that'll be what... (strange I only clicked send once!)

stef9000 10:28 24 Feb 03

did all the above still wont boot i hear no beeps on start up at all just a slight click noise which is usual. left the power lead in to earth it but wore static strap.
swapped all cables around cleaned and blew all dust out tryed everything i can think off is there anyway i can test my hard drive other then putting it in another pc as the only other i have access to is very very old
thanks

tenor 10:50 24 Feb 03

Unplug everything from your mobo except power and processor(and the lead to your internal speaker)switch on.if you get no beeps its your mobo.if it beeps replace memory and try again.if it beeps replace graphics card and try again.tell us what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…