boot problems

john harvey 16:04 28 Jan 03

Ever since using Partition Magic to create two bootable partitions (ME & XP) and now using Boot Magic to decide which one to boot from, I have had problems with booting.

When I power on the PC it does not even get to the stage of energising the monitor prior to the POST test, it just makes the CD spin up and sounds as if it trying to access the floppy. The HD light comes on as well. It just sits going through a loop beeping and grunting as it tries the floppy.

It can take about 5 minutes pressing the reset button on and off before it sparks into life for no particular reason that I can see.

Does anyone know if Boot Magic or Partition Magic does anything at such a low level as to affect the system before the POST test or could it just be coincedence!

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Rayuk 17:25 28 Jan 03

What are the beeps you hear as this could direct you to the fault if not BootMagic/Part Man.

john harvey 17:36 28 Jan 03

Thanks for responding Rayuk.

There is just one beep so I don't think it is a beep code. I suppose I should disable Boot Magic and see what happens!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…