//some 3rd party need geo

Boot Up Problems

D-Frame 23:16 13 Feb 04

When i turn this machine on every now and then it would say this message just under the memory test number:
SUGGESTED SDRAM CAS LATENCY TIME IS "2"

I dont know what is means and why it has started appearing.. also at the bottom of the first boot up screen it freezes saying:
PRIMARY MASTER HARD DISK FAIL
PRESS F1 TO CONTINUE

So i press F1 and it goes to the second boot up screen just under the VERIFYING DMI POOL DATA it says:
DISK BOOT FAILURE
INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PREE ENTER

I just turn the computer straight off and leave it for 5 mins then turn it back on.. but i do not wish to keep doing that every now and then.. please help :)

hugh-265156 23:26 13 Feb 04

for the hdd you could try running a diagnostic on it.

seagate click here

maxor click here

W digital click here

ram cas settings are changed in the bios.be careful if set too high computer may not boot or be very unstable.click here for info(bit out of date)

hugh-265156 23:27 13 Feb 04

ps.enable "quick boot" in your bios to stop the ram check at start up.

zanwalk 23:35 13 Feb 04

huggyg71's advice is good. One further point, if you haven't already, do back up all your data as if the HDD is on the way out it may not start at all next time... Also, make a note of dial up settings for your ISP just in case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…