boot problem restart changes default drive

cgustar 19:59 22 Dec 06

i have had a hard drive installed in my system so i now have a "c" drive and "f" drive (2 seperate drives). when my pc restarts it tries to boot from "f" when my windows file is in "c" drive. i restart to bios and click option boot and it shows "f" as 1st drive and "c" as 2nd drive, i swap it over, then press f10 to save and exit then my pc restarts fine until i have to restart pc then it comes up with insert disk to boot from, i then restart, go into bios, then boot and for some reason the 1st drive to boot from has returned to "f" drive so i have to swap it back to "c" drive. please any ideas

thms 20:01 22 Dec 06

Have you set the jumper on the second drive to slave.

cgustar 20:13 22 Dec 06

i didn't install it, pc crashed while back and a so called pc doctor put drive in to recover files (which he did £50 ouch program didn't cost that)he didn't have time to take it out so offered me £25 to have it which i accepted but had problems so he talked me through bios procedure over the phone (lazy or what) now this problem continues so no £15 to him and advice from people who know. is the jumper (novice/beginner with pc guts) the same sort of thing as a dvd drive (just plug black plug into slave or primary slot)

thms 20:19 22 Dec 06

See
click here

Yours may be different. There should be a diagram on the drive for the correct settings.

cgustar 20:23 22 Dec 06

you do credit to the advisors in these forums, quick and technical info, spot on, will try it in the morning and reply. thanks for your time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac