boot problem help please

pete1966 11:37 06 Nov 04

hope someone can help me i am actually using my fathers p.c at the moment
my p.c wont boot up at all, it keeps coming up with 'auto-detecting pri master-not detected
& pri slave - not detected, it asks me for boot up disc ( which is one i created with the 6 disc's )when it gets to installing the 6th disc i get the welcome page

WIN XP HOME EDITION SET UP WELCOME
SET UP PRESS NOW FOR FULL INSTALLATION
REPAIR AN XP INSTALLION USING RECOVERY CONSOLE, PRESS R, when i press R it just says THE RECOVERY CONSOLE PROVIDES SYSTEM REPAIR AND RECOVER FUNCTION, then nothin else, i dont have the xp installation disc so i cant do a full installation, just cant do anything with the recovery console side of it, appreciate any help if any
Thank you

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:22 06 Nov 04

The BIOS is not finding your HDD and therefore cannot load the operating system(XP). Could be faulty hard drive or cables.

First check IDE ribbon cable is tight in rear of HDD and where it conncts on the motherboard. Also check power cable is pluged into HDD ok.

Hard disk tools :-
Seatools click here
WD Data lifeguard click here
Maxblast3 click here

Drive Rescue click here

bearpot 12:52 06 Nov 04

I agree with fruit bat, the pc is not detecting the hdd so it cannot load windows
try a different hdd if you have one

pete1966 13:09 06 Nov 04

thanks for the replies guys,cant do much till i get home, i dont have a diff hdd, is there a program i can download so i can burn onto a disc or something that will enable me to boot up!
thanks

Rayuk 13:50 06 Nov 04

click here

This is so you can do a system restore.

You will need a copy of WinXP though to make the disk[it doesnt have to be the one on the dead pc]may look a bit daunting but just follow instructions and all should be well.
Used it for the first time a few weeks back did the job first time.

Rayuk 13:51 06 Nov 04

PS Should have said,if it is not your hard drive that is broke this could help etc.

pete1966 07:46 07 Nov 04

thanks alot for the reply guys, got back to desk top somehow

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced