boot problem

ripendigging 10:57 10 Oct 10

When I boot up,it goes as far phoenix technology etc,then at the bottom of the screen I get press del for set-up or f12.Then the boot up stops, keyboard and mouse will not work.Looked on forums, similar to Never-Agains problem.I have checked all the Ram and changed cmos battery,I have disconected everything from the motherboard,H.Drive,Floppy,DVD ROM.Still get the same result.I am running Windows Home xp with all service packs and updates up to date.Motherboard is NFORCE4-A939.I have tried rebooting using original CD and also tried floppy which I made when I bought the PC.No response at all from these.I did try them with pc switched off and then try to boot.Appreciate any help.

birdface 11:31 10 Oct 10

looks like your boot up drive has been changed.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:07 10 Oct 10

reset the cmos using the onboard jumper and retry

ripendigging 18:56 10 Oct 10

Thankyou for replies.When you say reset the cmos using onboard jumper,do you mean remove the jumper on the motherboard and refit?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:01 10 Oct 10

click here reset CMOS

ripendigging 11:11 11 Oct 10

Tried reset CMOS,I have done it exactly by the book all to no avail,I have the motherboard manual and I have tried to set the motherboard up from scratch,still get same message,as follows.
Phoenix-Award work station BIOS V6.OOPG anenergy star alley copyright.(c) 1984-2003 p.technology.ltd.
NFORCE4-A939 VER 1 0h 09/30/2005
main processor:AMD ATHLON(TM)64 PROCESSOR 3500+ ,1CPUs.
memory testing:3145728K OK
CPUO Memory information:single channel,64-bit.

at the bottom of the screen,this message:

press DEL to enter set-up.F12 to enter boot menu.
09-30-2005-NF-CK804-6A61FE19C-00

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:22 11 Oct 10

What type of keyboard? USB?

Try plugging in a PS2 keyboard and then you can maybe enter BIOS

woodchip 17:35 11 Oct 10

Will it boot to BIOS when Hard drive plugs are out?

woodchip 17:38 11 Oct 10

Will it boot to BIOS when Hard drive plugs are out?

Looks like it will go to BIOS, that means the Operating System is damaged or Boot Sector is corrupt on the Hard Drive

woodchip 17:40 11 Oct 10

Also have you tried doing a Repair using the XP CD?
You have to boot with the CD in the drive and choose setup, let it search for a operating system, when it finds Windows Click on it to select then press R for repair

ripendigging 14:55 12 Oct 10

I have tried a different keyboard,cannot use XP CD,nothing happens.Disconnected HD AND CD cables but still get same message.
Looks like a repair shop!
Thankyou for your time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…