boot up problem

gazc1253 20:07 08 Oct 09

heelo all

turned my computer on recently and the hard drive was making sounds and not being detected on boot up.
I replaced it with a new one today but now i have another problem. On boot up i get the normal screen where it detects the dvd drive hard drive etc but then the screen goes blank i get no signal.
I know its not the new hard drive as it is being detected and i tried another one i have and had the same problem

Can anyone help

chub_tor 20:40 08 Oct 09

Have you formatted the new hard drive or have you installed an operating system on the new hard drive? It will need to be formatted so that Windows can either see it or be installed on it.

gazc1253 20:47 08 Oct 09

thanks for your response.

i cant even get onto the screen to install the operting system. The pc goes through detecting the hardware then i get the no signal screen.
However when the cd is in and the screen is showing no signal the cd is going and sounds like its doing the inspection (i.e. as if it is getting ready to install the operating system)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:11 08 Oct 09

Detecting hardware can take sometime I think if you wait long enough the screen will reappear.

gazc1253 10:12 09 Oct 09

thanks Fruit Bat
I tried leaving it on for over 10 minutes nothing happened

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:07 09 Oct 09

10 minutes not long enough had one that once took a couple of hours but usually between 15 -30 mins is about right

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5