Boot up problem

hssutton 19:10 11 Aug 07

Asus M2NPV-VM. OS Vista Ultimate.

On start-up I get the following message "BOOTMGR is missing".

PC will start ok if I have the OS disk in the drive, a repair from the Vista disk makes no difference.

Although I have a full back-up I think this may have the same problem, as I only created this back-up earlier today.

Any help would be appreciated

User-1159794 19:12 11 Aug 07
  hssutton 19:22 11 Aug 07

Many thanks for your reply, but this is something that I've already tried. See first message

hssutton 19:36 11 Aug 07

I forgot to mention that I have four drives "C" & "C/D" Master and slave, also two sata drives.

Have just disconected both sata drives and now the PC boots as normal. So any suggestions would be most welcome.

Since building this machine several weeks ago all as been well until today.

Andy1991 19:43 11 Aug 07

Get into the recovery console on your Windows Vista CD/DVD after booting from it, when in type "FIXBOOT" to fully fix the whole boot proccess but the problem is your MBR is missing (Which configures and pratically holds the boot manager and the specific command to rewrite that to boot into you drive is to Type "FIXMBR".

After you type the command of ur choice (I recommend FIXMBR) press Enter, and you may need to confirm the command by Typing "Y" and Pressing Enter. Let me know how you get on. By the way exclude all the speechmarks out of the statement above. :-)

hssutton 19:49 11 Aug 07

OK Andy will try this, was going to move this thread over to the Vista forum, but will see what happens first

hssutton 21:31 11 Aug 07

Andy I didn't get that far. My wife informed me a short while ago that she allowed updates from microsoft this morning, one being for my Asus M2NPV-VM. motherboard NVIDIA MediaShield™ RAID drivers. restored PC to yesterday and all is ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now