boot up problem

pardewout 19:00 04 Feb 07

anyone any experience of new notebook not being able to boot up. No operating system found??

Diodorus Siculus 19:04 04 Feb 07

How new?

What have you done with it so far?

HAs it ever booted?

May be time for it to go back to where you got it.

pardewout 19:13 04 Feb 07

no never done a thing yet, wont let me, will get it back, but could be lengthy process, it was supplied via head office at work, but cant see option. thought there may be something simple i missed

VoG II 19:21 04 Feb 07

A silly question perhaps but does it actually have an operating system installed?

pardewout 19:24 04 Feb 07

yes, or at least it is supposed to have, xp media edition , its brand new, it has been supplied from head office at work, i know it more than likely will have to go back, but thought it may be something simple. It takes weeks to get anything back and i wanted to get cracking with it

Diodorus Siculus 19:53 04 Feb 07

Do you have any CDs for it? You could try to boot with one and see what happens.

pardewout 20:28 04 Feb 07

no says in book all i need is in pdf on hd lol

Totally-braindead 20:32 04 Feb 07

Take it back and let them sort it.
Either it hasn't got windows on it in the first place or a lead has come loose inside or something has failed.
Bearing in mind its a laptop, new and not yours anyway but your works its best to just give it back and let them sort it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…