Boot up problem

morghickman 19:32 06 Mar 06

I Installed partition magic 8,i wanted to have w/98 on one part and xp on the other.
Before I did this my operating system was w/98 upgraded to xp.
Anyway I dont know if ive done things right,after i did things i restarted my computer,then when it boots up it asks me to install partition magic disc floppy 1,then it asks to install disc 2 and press any key.
when i do this it says loading,then it comes up with bad command name or file,then the A:prompt sign appears do i have to type anything after this.
How do i get my desktop back.
Any body got any ideas.

morghickman 14:04 10 Mar 06

anybody any ideas please.

uisquebeathus 15:24 10 Mar 06

hi, it all depends on what this means
"Anyway I dont know if ive done things right,after i did things i restarted"
did you create extra partitions and where on the drive were they created, can you remember if you created partitions in front of the current oprating system drive "C" or after.
If you created a partition in front it could be that the "C" drive has changed to the new partition, making the older ex "C" partition now "D". it can all be remeded if there was no formatting involved.
If you have done a swap "C" to "d" for example the partition magic disks will not install as they will not find a current "C" with an operating system boot sector.

morghickman 19:17 10 Mar 06

im not to sure about your first question about where i created partitions in front or after.
what i know is there was no formatting done.
hope this is helpful.

woodchip 19:52 10 Mar 06

Try this start with Win98 Startup floppy at A:\> type FDISK /MBR press enter. RESTART

morghickman 20:44 10 Mar 06

ive not got a win 98 floppy start up disc where would i get one.

Diodorus Siculus 20:44 10 Mar 06
  woodchip 20:48 10 Mar 06

Tenth file from Top click here
Download file the put floppy in comp doubler click download to make floppy start disc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…