Boot problem

Rhuddlan 19:29 27 Sep 05

A mate of mine has had her comp for about 4 yrs now and upon startup the blue screen of death appears saying unbootbale mount volume, with loads of other techincal jargon. She hasn't installed anything in months so it can't be what the comp suggests and she has win xp home sp2. Have tried last good known configuration and safe mode, but still no luck, any ideas?

VoG II 19:32 27 Sep 05
  Rhuddlan 23:08 29 Sep 05

That was sorted, thanks for the info Vog. Now I have the hard task of setting up AOL Broadband for her. She has a phone line downstairs but the comp is in her room, I understand that the yellow cable has to be in the modem as well as the phone line, but it can't reach to the phone line, also have installed software, drivers and connected modem to PC via USB and hardware was found and now I can't find new connection in network connections, everything seems ok in device manager but when dialing out it still dials out the old dial up connection, any ideas please, my desprate friend has already started paying for AOL BB and isn't even using it!

Rhuddlan 11:11 01 Oct 05

Anyone know anything aboutb AOL? She has the pack drivers and software installed and modem connected with green light but can't dial out, any ideas?

Rhuddlan 11:55 02 Oct 05

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…