Boot Up Problem

Dannyb 10:21 10 Apr 05

When I boot up my pc, which is running Windows 2000, it seems to get stuck at the "Applying security policy..." for at least 20 minutes before it actually moves on to boot up. It does make the error sound during the booting up process but I have no idea what the error is as nothing is shown on the screen when the sound is made. Is there any SIMPLE way that I can try to remedy this, or find out what is causing it?
Thanks

LastChip 10:42 10 Apr 05

What do you mean by an Error sound? One beep is normal on most systems. More than one indicates an error, but they need to be interpreted; a bit like Morse code! Further, each BIOS manufacturer tends to use different codes, so you need to know which BIOS is being used. You can see this on the very first screen at boot-up.

If the operating system is hanging at applying the security policy, it is likely that you have some software issue causing this. The quickest way to get a pointer to the problem is to go to; Start; Control Panel; Administrative Tools; Event Viewer and take a look at the logs.

Dannyb 19:53 10 Apr 05

It is one beep which sounds. I have checked, as you described, and it shows an error with "Service control manager" when I look at the properties of that error it reads: "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: ohcil394"

Doesn't mean a thing to me. Any ideas? And, what can I do about it?
Thanks.

dan11 19:59 10 Apr 05

Have you got firewire on the computer or a camera connected via firewire on boot up?

1394 is firewire. Check the drivers are installed correctley.

Dannyb 20:51 10 Apr 05

Thanks dan11. It was my firewire connection. I re-installed the drivers and it re-booted up normally. Thanks for the help.

dan11 21:03 10 Apr 05

Good to see it sorted. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…