boot up/power up problem

cjdavid 23:40 13 Jan 03
  cjdavid 23:40 13 Jan 03

hi all,

i have a major problem with my computer. once i have turned on my computer at the mains, i get the normal 1 second power up test. the main problem i have is after, once i have pressed the power button on the computer itself!

instead of the computer starting, both the power and reset lights, light up. i can hear the fans starting but it wont go beyond that. its freezes like that for ages. unless i turn it off at the mains and switched it back on.

i have replaced the psu and reinstalled my windows xp? but its still happens. anyway have any ideas please:)

thanks

billyliv 00:30 14 Jan 03

Hi, I may be a bit confused here, but you shouldn't be getting any beeps when you switch your M/C on at the mains. The only beeps you should be getting are the post messages once you press the start button on your computer. the beep you are hearing may be the monitor coming to life. ( My monitor beeps 4 times when the power is switched on) cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…