Boot order ??

Magik ®© 15:56 20 Sep 04

hi, while i wait for the laptops new HDD, I thought i would look to see which boots first, the way i read it, it says it tries each one in turn, the order on the screen is....diskette, HDD,CD,modular bay...do i read it right ? as i can not see any way of changing it..I can see it is going to be a long day tomorrow if the drive turns up..

thanks

Noleg24 16:20 20 Sep 04

you can choose the order to boot from..so say you go into BIOS and you want to from CD (providing the CD is in the drive) you can boot from there...if you have more than 1 HDD you can boot from either of those..its fairly simple...but you are reading it right..altho in my experience if one boot option fails it doesnt automatically try the second one...but just see what happens when the drive arrives and let us know what you get...

Magik ®© 16:22 20 Sep 04

thanks, be back here the moment the post has arrived.....in the morning...

TomJerry 16:25 20 Sep 04

just love dos days when you do not have mouse.

It can be changed, you just need to find out which key to press. Read manual if you have one.

TomJerry 16:26 20 Sep 04

~

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…