Boot Magic remnants

Taurus 11:35 02 Jun 03

Please help. I recently converted from a dual boot Win98/XP system to a 'single boot' using XP. When I was dual booting I used Partition Magic's Boot Magic utility. I now find that on boot up, my machine looks for a BM file trhat is not there as I removed it (BM) when it was no longer required. I have removed all the registry entries that obviously relate to Boot Magic, but the problem persists. Irealise that the easiest way would be to reload BM and then uninstal it, but i have reformatted the partition as NTFS and BM will only install on a FAT partition and it would be nice if I could solve the problem without the hassle of two reformats etc. that I would otherwise have to do to do it that way.

Is there another place other than in the registry that would contain the instruction to search for said file, or am I missing something somewhere?

Obviously it's more an irritation that a system threatening problem, but any help to rid my machine of this 'bug' would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Taurus 21:20 02 Jun 03

Just a re-post of the above to hopefully catch the evening crew

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…