boot up help required

Newuser2077 20:46 09 Jan 03
  Newuser2077 20:46 09 Jan 03

hi,first time user so bear with me. Just installed new cdrw liteonit also USB hub card(not controller) as update, since then boot up stops just after wallpaper (not always about 1 in 5 times so far)and goes to boot menu where clean boot can be acheived in normal mode. Also, when opening system info and click on Multimedia tab my screen goes blank and A drive continues grinding until blank disc put in and it then reboots!! Helproom suggest it maybe graphic card and reinstall gfx drivers - how - don't have gfx drivers only gfx is sierra.pa4 files? Have athlon 800,legend TNT2 M64 32M graphic card running win98se please help someone as only basic user so step by step instructions please. Thanks.

ellas 21:17 09 Jan 03

"Just installed new cdrw liteonit also USB hub card(not controller) as update, since then boot up stops just after wallpaper (not always about 1 in 5 times so far)and goes to boot menu" ,does this not suggest its one of the above causing the problem,I had the same problem with a tv card,took it out no probs,tried the same card months later and bootup probs again,my guess is my problem was caused by the power supply being overloaded,can you not take the usb card out and see if the problems still there,if so try taking out the cdrw,why the graphics card when all was fine till you added these components.

Newuser2077 14:43 11 Jan 03

Thanks ellas, funny you should say that about tv card because that's what happened to me several months ago thought it was the tv card therefore took it back. Will try what you suggest and remove usb and let you know result,but does this mean that I can never add any cards to my computer and how do you get over the power overload?

Newuser2077 23:35 16 Jan 03

Thought I'd resolved problem by unplugging USB started booting up Ok. Connected external zip drive that always worked now cannot boot up at all until disconnected produced 0E page fault with all sorts of codes such as 0028:C16DCD36,0028:C15D12D6,C15D1116 and so on. Is this still something to do with power? How do I get over this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…