Boot up fails during POST

nickso 06:26 24 Nov 05

When PC starts is goes thru' it's POST & stops at code 41. PC beeps 1 long high pitch then 2 low pitch. Tried the following with no luck: Swapped memory; changed AGP grapic card for PCI graphic card; took out all other peripheral PCI cards; swapped Floppy drive; disconnected CD & DVD; reset BIOS using jumper & swore quite a bit - anything else I can do ?

€dstowe 06:42 24 Nov 05

click here and scroll down the page to error 41

nickso 06:59 24 Nov 05

Error code 41 is on the MOBO itself - I get no screen start up so don't have windows loaded at this point

€dstowe 07:43 24 Nov 05

What about looking up the beep codes?

click here

click here

nickso 07:49 24 Nov 05

Beep code suggests video error - have tried taking out my AGP craphic card and putting in a friends PCI slot graphic card. Do I need to try an AGP slot graphic card ?

€dstowe 07:52 24 Nov 05

Probably the best idea to start with. There could be a problem with the AGP system on the M/B itself..

Devil Fish 07:55 24 Nov 05

did it worked ok with the pci card? if yes you will need to try another agp card to see if it is the slot or the card that is the problem

nickso 07:58 24 Nov 05

Didn't work with the PCI card either - should it work with either or must it be a AGP slot card ?

€dstowe 08:35 24 Nov 05

Not sure but I think that if an AGP slot is available, that MUST be used or else disabled in the BIOS if you're using a PCI graphics card.

DrScott 08:55 24 Nov 05

AGP slot needs an AGP card in my experience. Do you have onboard video on the mobo? In which case you can disable AGP and see if the system runs.

nickso 08:59 24 Nov 05

Not sure about onboard video - do I simply remove the AGP card & try to boot ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…