Boot Error #10021

OlduserII 20:47 09 Mar 06

This morning I received an auto download from Adobe Acrobat which did not work properly. This has left me with a boot error whenever the machine is started up. The rror message is a long one headed "===jexepacxk ERROR #10021 - Unhandled exception===
"Java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: Win32: mthod is Desktop IconRunning()Z not found at OptionsPanel.NE......."
It ends asking I need detailed help answering Yes produces a list of error numbers and #10021 suggests the java installation is at fault.
I re-installed java. I ran Adobe whgich signalled a configuration problem which seemed to repair itself.
The boot error still comes up when starting up

I use WinXP regularly auto updated.

Any ideas please anyone?
Alan

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:05 09 Mar 06

Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

OlduserII 14:56 10 Mar 06

Hi Fruit Bat

OlduserII 14:57 10 Mar 06

Hi Fruit Bat

OlduserII 15:03 10 Mar 06

Thank you for your response. Scannow came up clear Im afraid. I have uninstalled, reinstalled adobe so that works ok now without moaning about missing files. But still on starting up I get this Boot error message, after everything has hinished loading.
I have run Panda virus checker, Registry Mechanic and all sorts - each reckons to have found errors and repaired them. Sun have checked the Java installation and say its ok - except they may only confirming I have the latest vn. May be next step is to uninstall Java and reinstall it - I havent tried that yet.
And before I forget - many thanks for your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…