boot into dos prompt from CD ROM

trickydicky 13:47 16 Dec 06

I have copied the i386 folder from my Win XP CD onto a small partition on my laptop hard drive as I seem to have a duff CD drive on my laptop, but I am now faced with being able to access these files as I do not have a floppy drive on my laptop, so I was wondering how I can make a boot CD that would load up a DOS prompt that would allow me to access the NTFS files on my laptop. I have tried Bart,s PE but that does not seem to work or I am doing something wrong. I have set my BIOS to boot from the CD ROM first

rodriguez 14:45 16 Dec 06

click here for a bootable CD image of NTFS4DOS. When this boots, it should allow you to access the NTFS file system on your laptop from within DOS.

postie24 14:49 16 Dec 06

What is actually up with the cd drive? Have you removed any burning software lately? Does it play dvds,but not cds?

trickydicky 15:09 16 Dec 06

my DVD CD RW drive will not read\access any CD-Rs but will read DVD-Rs and any genuine CDs and DVDs

postie24 17:03 16 Dec 06

It might be the laser playing up.You have two lasers,one for playing dvds,the other for cds.The laser may have become weak,so its struggling to read a cd-r

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…