boot disk failure

GSK019 15:26 26 Jan 03

I've got a 60GB IBM deskstar.Turned the computer on the other day,and got - boot disk failure,please insert system disk.
Never had a problem with it before. My anti virus is up to date (Norton).Its says i havn't got any viruses.
If i leave the computer turned off at the plug for a day,it normaly works fine when i turn it back on,but if i turn it off for a while,and then try to turn it back on it won't have any of it.

Rayuk 15:46 26 Jan 03

I would download IBMs diagnostic program and run it,It could be a hard drive problem.

GSK019 15:50 26 Jan 03

Thanks Rayuk,a friend of mine's,been through 2 IBM 30GB,with the same problem,he say's its a common problem with them.Sent them away,and took 6 weeks to get it back.

barrie_g 15:51 26 Jan 03

I had the same problem a few weeks ago with a Mesh computer and now its got a new hard drive so I agree with Rayuk sounds like the hard drive has had it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…