boot disk

aceguy 13:24 22 Feb 04

i`ve been trying to make a boot disk with an old amiga floppy disk-but pc wont even format this disk,it says disk error on track 0,head 0 not found. is there anyway i can use old amiga floppy disks on my pc. olso can i install my copy of windows xp onto another pc--i have the full xp disk. the pc currently uses windows 98. i heard this is possible???

Diodorus Siculus 14:59 22 Feb 04

Old floppies - fairly unreliable. If it is not working, then time to throw it away.

XP can only be installed on one PC at a time. Physically possible to put it on two, but you have to activate it on one or the other.

Sheila-214876 15:03 22 Feb 04

An old Amiga floppy disk would be 720 and not 1.44 so try formatting it as a 720. But to make a boot disk you would probably need a 1.44 floppy disk. You can buy 10 floppies for about £2.50 now. The XP bit I don't know. I don't have XP but I wouldn't have thought so as it would need to be activated. To make a boot disk on a 1.44 floppy go to click here and choose your operating system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…