Boot disc with USB support

anchor 19:46 02 Apr 04

I would like to have, or make, a floppy boot disc with support for an external USB hard drive. It would be useful for this drive to be recognised from the floppy boot.
This would be for my notebook with Windows ME installed.

Can anyone help?.

Sir Radfordin 19:56 02 Apr 04

Don't think you will be able to do this as MSDOS doesn't support USB. There are some motherboards that have a function that will allow you to boot froma USB device but not very common.

(Only my thinking someone may prove me wrong!)

anchor 20:15 02 Apr 04

I have read somewhere that this is possible, using a special Panasonic driver, and modifying the autoexec.bat and config.sys files on the floppy.

Belatucadrus 20:22 02 Apr 04
  Sir Radfordin 20:26 02 Apr 04

Doesn't look totally convincing!

woodchip 20:37 02 Apr 04

Not much go for you question, May be nill

woodchip 20:48 02 Apr 04

What make of USB drive you should be able to get drivers from Manufactures, or is this any good click here

frazky 23:00 02 Apr 04

you can do it - i already posted a thread on USB DOS drivers- recently - plus there is a utility you run from a floppy - just keep the floppy in the floppy drive as you boot up -- I will find the link from my old postings soon.

frazky 00:17 03 Apr 04
  frazky 01:53 03 Apr 04

click here

( my posting

click here-

did u search?)

anchor 13:52 05 Apr 04

Thanks all for your responses. Been away for the weekend, hence the delay in replying.

This has given me something to work on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…