Boot Disc Failure

mctrout 21:20 11 Dec 08

Hi, I am using Vista Home premium & this afternoon the Pc froze& I had to turn it off at the mains. When I tried to boot up this evening I got a message saying " Boot disc Failure " Insert System Disc & press enter. Press any key to boot from CD or DVD. the list that came up had repair , system restore & when I used them the PC started working alright, but when I restarted I had to go through the same thing again. If it is the BIOS that is out of line could someone please tell me the steps to get it started normally.
Thanks Mac

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:32 11 Dec 08

"Pc froze + Boot disc Failure "

Both symptoms of failing hard drive especially as it has happened again.

mctrout 23:47 11 Dec 08

The PC is only 2 weeks old I think I will take it back. Thanks

Terminus90 02:41 12 Dec 08

It could be a hardware fault, but as the pc is only two weeks old I would'nt think so.

Try going into the BIOS (press delete key at startup) and let it scan for your drive(s) it could be that it has the wrong settings in the BIOS.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:36 12 Dec 08

I agree if two weeks old and crashing then take it back without messing with it.

mctrout 12:51 12 Dec 08

The BIOS was set to open CD/DVD, so I set it to open HD, & now it works perfect. But I will Have a word with the place I bought it from because there must be sonething wrong for it to freeze.
Thanks Nichael

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced