//some 3rd party need geo

"Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM failure"

MDJ 17:37 15 Dec 04

I get above error message every time I start my PC. Please advise how to get rid of this "Error" message. Many thanks in anticipation.

TomJerry 17:40 15 Dec 04

make the first boot device hard drive, or any order you want

to get into bios setup, press "del" when the PC starts up (do it before win kick in, do a few times if you cannot get it)

MDJ 17:51 15 Dec 04

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Is it straight forward to change the "Boot sequence"? What do I exactly need to do? Does it cause any other problem?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:52 15 Dec 04

This is not an error with you machine.

It is set to boot from the CD rom drive (very useful if your system crashes.)The Pc looks for windows on the CD first (can't find so gives message)then on the hatd disk (finds it so bots ok.)

If it is annoying you then cahnge 1st boot device in BIOS to IDE0 (your hard drive)

mattyc_92 17:55 15 Dec 04

Yes it is quite easy, but DON'T change ANY other setting when you are doing this... Also if you aren't sure what you are doing, then I suggest that you write down what you have changed and how you have changed this.... Unfortunatlly, every bois chip is different, so I can't tell you what you will see on-screen.... You should be able to just go through EVERY option until you get the "boot" sequence... Change the boot sequence and then save and exit the BOIS....

MDJ 18:07 15 Dec 04

Thank you very much - TomJerry & mattyc_92. I will try this out. Best Wishes for X'Mas & New Year.

mattyc_92 18:37 15 Dec 04

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…