Boot Up

eljanno 11:30 19 Oct 04

Hi guy's
Can i pick your brains again.
I just switched my PC on and on the screen that shows what devices are connected (ie. hard drive, cd roms ect) I had the message "cemos settings are wrong or low, just forgot which it was I think it was Low, ..Press F2 to load default. I pressed F2 and all seems to be working ok. Anyone any ideas what happening.
Thanks
Jan

JonnyTub 11:33 19 Oct 04

probably a dead or dying cmos battery. Cheap enough and easy enough to replace.

Diodorus Siculus 11:34 19 Oct 04

Sounds like the CMOS battery needs changing - it is a little battery on the motherbaord and can easily be replaced.

Turn off the pc and try again - not a restart, but a cold boot and see if the message appears again.

Muzzsjm 11:35 19 Oct 04

Yep most likely thing, you know when its dead as your PC's time will be out etc.

Can get a battery for under £3.

eljanno 11:39 19 Oct 04

If I pick up a new battery from PC world haow do I fit it? will I need to go in to the bios and mess in there.
Jan

JonnyTub 11:41 19 Oct 04

You should refer to your motherboard manual.

eljanno 11:45 19 Oct 04

God knows where that is, so apart from the time what else can happen, wil I still be able to use the PC.
Jan

Diodorus Siculus 11:51 19 Oct 04

click here for Everest to id your motherboard and go to the manufacturer site for best info.

JonnyTub 11:54 19 Oct 04

yes you can still use it, you'll just find that on restarting from power down, everythings reset and you have to re-adjust.

Post your motherboard make and model by using everest from Diodorus Siculus's link and someone i'm sure will be able to advise on the your particular procedure.

eljanno 12:07 19 Oct 04

Thanks Jonny, and Diodorus
My motherboard make and model is as follows
PCCHIPS M810LR

Jan

JonnyTub 12:17 19 Oct 04

Did everest identify your socket type aswell? if so what is it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…