books on how to install software & to build a PC

1973scotty 10:45 26 Apr 04

hi can aanyone please recomend a book that explains step by step how to build a PC and how to install the operatingsoftware. with all the steps please. I want it in plain english so that i can understand it before i have to do it and wright a report on it. can you please advise an IT noivice please help me.

Legolas 10:47 26 Apr 04

Have a look click here this is just one of the sites I got by searching on google

iscanut2 12:53 26 Apr 04

P C Advisor did a very good series of "How to " articles on self build. I think they are still available but cannot remember how to get them. Someone else may know.

GaT7 13:23 26 Apr 04

Amazon: click here (I have this one - it's very good), click here, click here, click here, click here.

Fetchbook: click here,

paxo2 13:28 26 Apr 04

Try the Haynes manual. I picked one up for £15 and it tells you everything..step-by-step. It's written by Kyle McRae who I think does some articles for PCAdvisor and other PC publications.

woodchip 14:05 26 Apr 04

You could check you local library. For Free

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…