Bookmarks pictures gone after updating to firefox 8

hiwatt 15:05 PM 09 Nov 11

Hi folks! After updating to firefox 8 a lot of my bookmarks have small empty white squares where the picture/logo for the website should be?It's not all of them but a lot of them?Has anyone else experienced this and if so any idea why?Thanks.

Woolwell 16:01 PM 09 Nov 11

The Favicons should update over time as you visit the sites.

cocteau48 16:11 PM 09 Nov 11

This may be worth a try to restore your favicons enter link description here

hiwatt 17:49 PM 09 Nov 11

Thanks folks.Cocteau48 that add on actually replaced quite a lot of my favicons but there's still a lot blank?I've tried logging into them and even tried deleting some and re bookmarking them but they still remain blank?

bunters59 09:18 AM 13 Nov 11

Checkplaces won't fix it. This was actually a deliberate change in Firefox 8 - it's not a fault. See It's proving to be so unpopular that Mozilla look like they're going to have to change it back in the next release.

cocteau48 13:00 PM 13 Nov 11

If it's a deliberate change instigated by Firefox then I find it odd that on all my systems (XP/Vista and W7) I have not lost a single favicon after upgrading to FF8.

grumpy-git 15:55 PM 27 Jan 12

Just noticed my icons are missing on xp machine using 9.0.1 but on laptop with vista, also running 9.0.1 all the icons are there.

Downloaded addon mentioned above and most are back again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know