Bookmarks & Favourites

Input Overload 11:34 18 Sep 09

I have IE8 Opera 10.xx and the recent final of Chrome as I haven't decided which I intent to use as default. My question is can you import Opera bookmarks into IE or even Chrome?

I have used Opera almost exclusively for a while & there are are fair number of sites I want on IE8 & Chrome.

Woolwell 12:03 18 Sep 09

You can import bookmarks from Opera and Firefox into IE8. Click on Favorites then Add to Favorites and then import and export then import from another browser and opera should show up. Don't know about Chrome.

Input Overload 13:08 18 Sep 09

Woolwell, thanks for that, I ended up used system similar to what you suggested. I emptied all favorites in IE from the favorites folder & deleted Chrome Bookmarks.

I them exported Opera bookmarks (I didn't know you could do this) to my desk as HTML. I then imported these into IE as a HTML file.

I then imported favorites from IE into Chrome. It was a bit convoluted but all 3 browsers now have the same bookmarks as I have over 1500 collected over the years.

I bought a bookmark manager & synchronizer some time ago I will see if it works with Vista.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now