booklet production

Verbose 16:14 26 May 07

I am trying to produce a booklet A5 size about 30 pages. I need to save it as a PDF so I can get copies printed. I have Page Plus 10 and Microsoft Publisher, but neither are very intuitive and I cannot make sense of the page numbering system.
Does anyone know of other software that might be easier to use and which would do the job. Freeware would be even better.
Barry

Technotiger 16:57 26 May 07

Hi, is this any help ...

click here

Stuartli 17:24 26 May 07

Is the A5 size the actual size of the booklet, or are you using A5 paper and printing a total of four pages on each sheet (i.e. two on each side)?

If so, you will have to work out which pages to print on each side of the A5 sheets and this will be (obviously) easier if you can divide the final number of pages by four - in your case that would mean 28 or 32 pages.

You can easily work out the page numbering if you plan, for instance, a 28 page booklet by using seven sheets of A5 size paper.

The first sheet will have Pages 1 and 28 on one side (front and back booklet pages) and on the other side Pages 2 and 27 - work it out from there by adding on each A5 sheet on top and numbering as appropriate.

Newuser939 17:47 26 May 07

PagePlus 10 will do it automatically if you use the wizard to start it off. Select Folded Publications-Book/Booklets-Side folded booklet and you should be OK

toxin 20:32 26 May 07

As a retired printer with some 52 years experience, mostly on the job, the easiest way to do what you want is to layout your page as an A4 landscape; then position the pages as you want.

The odd numbered page will always be on the righthand side, and the combined numbers of the two pages will be one more than the total number of pages. ie for a 32 pp Page 1 will be on the right and page 32 on the left.

From your post, you will either have to reduce to 28 pages or increase to 32; as there are four pages to a double sided sheet of A4.

MAJ 20:39 26 May 07

Alternatively, you can do it in Word, setting your page size to A5, use the page number option to number the pages, install PrimoPDF (it's free) click here and print your completed booklet to PDF by going to File > Print and choosing PrimoPDF as your printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now