Booking Courses Online

dazman1360 17:41 PM 21 Jan 09

I need to add functionality into an existing website to allow users to Book Courses on line and then make payment through Google Checkout.

Can anyone recommend a good way way of doing this.

Many thanks

Kemistri 23:23 PM 21 Jan 09

How good is your Ajax, PHP and MySQL?

dazman1360 10:27 AM 22 Jan 09

Non-existant to be honest, so need something pretty simple to match my skills!

It doesn't have to be anything too complex, just not sure where to start really.

Kemistri 13:33 PM 22 Jan 09

To provide the facility to book any form of scheduled event or service, whether it's a place on a course or a a flight to Paris, the site needs a database (normally MySQL), a PHP program running on the server to manipulate the data and deliver it to and from the server and the client (browsers), and sometimes some Ajax-style JavaScript to make the front end more user friendly.

dazman1360 13:56 PM 22 Jan 09

Hi Kemsitri,

Thanks for the reply.

I think I'm after something a little more simplistic, maybe remotely hosted that requires minimal programming knowledge and that can be tailored to look like the existing website.

Kemistri 16:17 PM 22 Jan 09

Applications such as this have a limit for "simplistic". Even if what you described in your last post existed - and I am fairly confident that it doesn't - it would have issues in security, robustness, presentation and practicality.

I think that you should talk to a good PHP/MySQL developer about it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11