BOOK ON BUILDING COMPS?

meatlaff2 15:48 04 May 03

Hi, can anyone recomend an up to date manual/book on building computers? I've done most of upgrades on my comp myself over the last couple of years, mem, fitting new drives etc and am not scared to go inside the case. But would love to have a go at building 1 myself from scratch. Any ideas? Can I download a manual/book?

-pops- 16:37 04 May 03

Do a search on Google on computer building - no need for a book - loads of info available for free.

Do it man!!! It's a very satisfying thing and there's nothing quite like seeing you first computer buzz into life.

Brian

hugh-265156 16:39 04 May 03
  Elrond 16:39 04 May 03

agree with pops. There are so many books on building a PC and they're quite hefty, you dont really need all that info.

-pops- 16:41 04 May 03

There you are - don't even have to search!!

scott meuller. "upgrading and repairing PCs" 14th edition is my bible, all the information you will ever need. 30 quid or so but i learnt a lot more from it than from a 1200 quid course.

having the book means you can look anything up immediately and make comparisons and is much easier to read than staring at a screen for hours. but i do not deny that all the info is on the net for free.anyway if you've done all the upgrades on your machine over the years you probably know enough to just go ahead and do it anyway.
happy days

961 18:12 04 May 03

click here is the best web site I have found. Easy to follow and comprehensive.

Scott Mueller's book mentioned by Horiz5 is the one you will never regret buying. Comes complete with video and sound telling you what to do and how to do it. Covers everything you need to know about hardware and how to put things right when they go wrong. He also maintains a web site click here If you find it expensive try amazon or the local library. I would say it was even worth buying 13th edition cheap

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…