Bombarded with MyDoom emails

rickf 17:12 01 Feb 04

HI All,
Over the past few days I have been bombarded with the above and have deleted them all. My comp is clean but how do I prevent them from being sent through to me. Have the latest updates of my antivirus.Any ideas? Got 16 of them just now. With the exception of yesterday its been hell.

Cook2 17:41 01 Feb 04

Download FREE Mailwasher from here click here

karl_a 18:06 01 Feb 04

I think a firewall will do the trick aswell

PurplePenny 18:20 01 Feb 04

Can you access your mail via the web? I've been going to my webmail and deleting the rubbish before it downloads.

So far (touch wood) I've only been sent one or two copies a day. I was getting 30 - 40 copies of Sobig. I was sent a Klez and a Swen a couple of days ago - I haven't seen them in a while.

Penny

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:25 01 Feb 04

A firewall will have no effect. Just delete them as your AV will catch them.

G

Forum Editor 18:30 01 Feb 04

that half the planet is being bombarded with them - I certainly am.

As GANDALF <|:-)> says, a firewall will have absolutely no effect - just delete the messages and carry on.

Forum Editor 18:56 01 Feb 04

and the havoc caused by the brain-dead morons who write these viruses

click here

Mike ® 20:29 01 Feb 04

Some isp's are blocking them mine is, trouble is I get just as many emails telling me they have been stopped.

rickf 22:42 01 Feb 04

Thanks all. Its reassuring. I have ZA. Will close now.

Gaz 25 23:33 01 Feb 04

click here for more information on the MyDoom virus.

IClaudio 23:51 01 Feb 04

I don't want to gloat, but I've never seen it... I am running paid-up AVG and Mailwasher, and my e-mail goes through Bigfoot.com. I don't use Hotmail or P2P. I get the occasional Nigerian Partnership or Enlargement Plan, but Mailwasher takes care of those.

In the past 5 years, just 2 viruses have come near my computer, both of which were zapped and deleted from the server before they got any closer.

I'm not particularly paranoid... or careful really - I suppose I just don't wander into the darker parts of the jungle ;)

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…