Bold print in forum replies

CurlyWhirly 15:09 09 Aug 04

This is a quick query but how do you get the first line in bold (NOT capital letters) in posts in the PCA forums?
The reason I ask is sometimes I need to emphasise a comment or argument and at the moment I use CAPITAL LETTERS where as I would rather use bold in the future.
CW

Djohn 15:13 09 Aug 04

Use the title window above the main message window as I have done for your name.

woodchip 15:14 09 Aug 04

Type in the Title, but you are limited how many word's like above

Djohn 15:14 09 Aug 04

It's not possible to use bold within the main text of your post but do as you say, use capitals or quote marks.

Regards. j.

CurlyWhirly 15:24 09 Aug 04

Djohn & Woodchip

I didn't know that you couldn't use bold in the main text of your post only the first line.
I have typed the word Bold? in to see if it works!
Never tried it before you see.
Thanks to you both.
CW

CurlyWhirly 15:26 09 Aug 04

Resolved.
CW

Stuartli 15:26 09 Aug 04

If you have to use capitals to emphasise a comment or argument, then you need to use better phrasing - capitals are regarded as shouting and won't help your cause.

Bold type can be used to highlight a particular point amongst several others but, again, overuse leads to indifference over time.

A much better way is to lay out your postings in a quick and easy to assimilate form - short sentences and double spacing between them makes for much easier reading.

Smiler 15:27 09 Aug 04

trial run

[b]BOLD TEXT[/b]

Sethhaniel 15:29 09 Aug 04

Read between the Lines ;)

Smiler 15:29 09 Aug 04

Didn't work, maybe the forum editor knows if it is possible?

Stuartli 15:31 09 Aug 04

.....paid off though...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…