Bogus IE7 (Beta) Home Page

Dirty Dick 19:18 23 Mar 06

I have been running the Beta vesion of IE 7 for some weeks without any problems, but today has just found my first problem. I usually have my Home Page set to Google but when I now click on the shortcut for IE 7, it opens two pages, the one at the back is set to Google, but the front one is set to something like killallspyware.com and takes an age to open. Anybody any ideas, please?

Thanks

DD

VoG II 19:23 23 Mar 06

Download Ewido Anti-Malware trial version click here

When installing, under 'Additional Options' untick 'Install background guard' and 'Install scan via context menu'.

Launch Ewido by double clicking the icon on your desktop. The program will now go to the main screen. You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files. On the left hand side of the main screen click update then click on Start Update.

Then select 'Settings'. Under the bottom section 'What to Scan?' make sure 'Scan every file' is ticked. Select 'OK' and you will return to scanning options. Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin. This scan can take quite a while to run.

While the scan is in progress, you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds. Choose 'Clean' (or 'Delete' if 'Clean' is not an option). Then put a tick next to 'Perform action on all infections'. Doing this enables the scan to proceed automatically until its completion. Click OK.

If that doesn't fix it, download HJT click here and post the log file aty the Malware Removal forum click here

BRYNIT 19:33 23 Mar 06

Also go to tools Internet options/general and see if it is listed in the home page window, if it is delete it. IE7 allows more than one home page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…