bogus emails?

lelole76 22:48 28 Aug 05

Hi

A couple of months back I managed to have my bandwidth hijack by a programs which interfaced with Symantec, and entered some program names into it, which were allowed internet access, and blocked my internet explorer from using the bandwidth.

I disabled these programs in internet security, and deleted the file I thought was responsible.

Yesterday I got an unsolicited email from symantec store, giving me the password I had forgotten. The password was one that I often use, although I'm not sure whether it was the one I gave. I did not request this. I sent an email to symantec and forgot about it.

Norton antivirus then found a virus on it's routine scan (trojan.byteverify), and I have recieved another 2 of the same email. I have not heard anything from symantec yet.

Should I be worried? Or are these just a set of random coincidences. What should I do to be sure?

Thansk for your help!

Should I be worried?

VoG II 23:20 28 Aug 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…