Bogus e-mails being sent through hotmail account

Joanna B 08:20 AM 13 May 13

Hi, My partner has a Hotmail account and, over the last few days, e-mails are being sent out to friends, family etc from his account which has links to other "things". My partner himself is not sending these e-mails and, no doubt, if anyone opened the link it would end up being nasty. The subject matter is always a name of someone my partner knows. One of these e-mail was even sent on Friday to a medical secretary from a hospital my partner has been in contact with only since Thursday and yet, whoever is doing this, has picked up her e-mail address and one was sent to her! Can anyone please advise as to (a) it started and, more importantly (b) how to stop it! Many thanks, Joanna B

Jollyjohn 08:36 AM 13 May 13

Change the password on the account and it should stop the e-mails being sent.

Not sure where this has come from. am sorting similar issues an BT account currently.

Joanna B 08:41 AM 13 May 13

Many thanks for quick response Jollyjohn. Will let my partner know and hopefully this will sort the problem. Hope you find an outcome to your investigations. Regards JoannaB

johnnyrocker 19:43 PM 14 May 13

what security software does your partner have?

johnny

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone