Boclean Anti-Trojan. Opinions Please.

craig367 12:00 13 Feb 06

A few people on my works discussion group have said Boclean is a good anti-trojan program. I have never heard of it. What do the wise folk on here think?

WillyDR 13:07 13 Feb 06

craig367,

the best there is !!

With a small user interface and signatures mostly daily updated. But no file scan possible as BOClean watches what happens in memory only. As soon as the trojan activates (this is not the moment when you download the bloody trojan but later when you try to run the host program), it let you kill the beast.

A trojan file scan is for a great deal included in your antivirus scanner, AVG and the likes...

craig367 13:20 13 Feb 06

I already have F-Secure Anti-Virus,ISS Blackice Firewall + Spywareblaster,Spybot,Adaware pro(inclueded in the F-Secure AV package),CW Shredder,Hijack this etc.

craig367 13:23 13 Feb 06

I already have F-Secure Anti-Virus,ISS Blackice Firewall + Spywareblaster,Spybot,Adaware pro(inclueded in the F-Secure AV package),CW Shredder,Hijack this etc. I like to keep all bases covered & believe that prevention is better than trying to sort out afterwards. So am I already pretty much secure? Like I said saw Boclean mentioned on DG at work, so wondered if worthwhile getting, or if current set-up good enough. I have not had any probs with trojans just always on the lookout for stuff to keep things that way.

rawprawn 13:44 13 Feb 06

click here Have alook here, If like me you have F Secure, Spybot and Spywarebaster I don't think you need another. Having said that I run the free version of Ewido on a weekly basis but it hasn't found anything at all since I installed F Secure

rawprawn 13:47 13 Feb 06

Should have put I run F secure Internet Security 2006 package which includes AV,Spyware, Firewall,Spam,and parental control

WillyDR 14:16 13 Feb 06

craig367,

It all depends on the number of layers of protection you want...

I use 2 partitions for web surfing:

one with AVG, Boclean and an old software firewall (Outpost v1) and the Opera browser without IE (was removed by myself). No adware or spyware items. This is my favourite browsing environment.

the second one with Boclean, IE (with java) and Opera and no firewall or AVG for the ocaasional site that needs IE. I use this one not so often.

Never had an infection on one of those systems, but I practise safe Hex too...

However, I'm not sure that you are protected against real trojans...

craig367 14:31 13 Feb 06

I use Firefox browser & Thunderbird email. I don't visit any 'dodgy' sites and am pretty careful with what I browse anyway and any unsolicited mail gets deleted without opening. Am more interested in prevening the stuff, so if Boclean is only a remover then not quite what I want - although if I do get any nasties then would consider. Will tick as cleared as WillyDR seems to have answered my original query. Thanks folks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…