ON BOARD GRAPHICS DRIVERS

cerberusops 10:32 09 Oct 08

Hi all - just flattened my pc by reinstalling a genuine copy of xp home and everything working well apart from since the install my graphics are absolutely rubbish and running at just 4dpi. I have tried changing it in the usual way but this is the only option available. Unfortunately I have no idea what the on board graphics is so dont know where to look for the correct drivers as it worked perfectly before the format and I dont have the drivers disk - any suggestions would be more than appreciated as this is driving me nuts.

Regards

Cerberusops

Technotiger 10:44 09 Oct 08

Hi, run SIW click here then look under Hardware in left-hand column and click on Motherboard. Once you know what motherboard you have, you can go to the makers site and download/update the drivers.

wotbus@ 10:45 09 Oct 08

May be on your motherboard disk or visit you motherboard website and check for drivers.
You are probably on a generic driver for a generic display. Do you have an installation disc for your display?

tullie 10:49 09 Oct 08

Just wondering why his display is affected with just a reinstallation?I have reinstalled windows xp and vista on more than one occasion without any affect.

kalignorgna 10:52 09 Oct 08

download SIW once open go to hardware>Video ur looking for the display adapter and video processor click here or download EVEREST Ultimate Edition trail at click here once open go to devices>windows devices then clcik on the yellow ? symbol and it will tell u what u need to know

kalignorgna 10:54 09 Oct 08

or follow wotbus's advice and go to tne manufacturers and download the graphics from there

kalignorgna 10:55 09 Oct 08

ment to say "the manufacturers website and download the graphics driver"

birdface 10:55 09 Oct 08

Maybe try this its free.click here

Technotiger 11:06 09 Oct 08

Did you not read my response at 10:44 above ??

kalignorgna 11:22 09 Oct 08

when i was typing mine urz wasn't there only came uponce i posted (to slow typing)

cerberusops 13:18 09 Oct 08

Thank you so much for your help you guys really rock - I downloaded and ran SIW and followed your instructions now got everything back as it should be and more importantly saved the driver files so that if it happens again I know where they are THANKYOU.

Regards

Cerberusops

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…