on board graphic card

GrahamPywell 18:55 15 Jun 05

I have just purchased a Hightech ATI Radeon 9250 128mb graphics card to install into my HP Pavillion a708.uk which I believe has an onboard graphics card. Can anyone guide me through the procedure regarding altering the settings in the BIOS screen (if required). The only items that I can see that relate to the onboard graphics is
Onboard Video Memory [64mb] &

Primary display adaptor[PCI], and on the right hand side it states'Select PCI to have PCI Video Card if installed, used for boot display device.
Then it goes onto to say the same regarding AGP Video card.
Do I tinker with the BIOS settings BEFORE or AFTER I have installed the graphics card and installed the CD? Any help will be appreciated.

De Marcus 19:12 15 Jun 05

Install the card first, then set the bios to use the vga card.

Slithe 19:15 15 Jun 05

I have exactly the same PC as you. It's ironic that I posted here for exactly the same advice.

If you search the helproom in this forum for 'Disabling onboard graphics for Phoenix Award Bios v6' you will see the posts for the kind folks who helped me out.

How I did it was simple. I merely plugged the card into its brown AGP slot on the Motherboard and inserted the monitor into the port on the card.

I had inserted the driver CD prior to booting up - before a previous shutdown. According to someone on my posting this enabled detection of the drivers and thus the card should work.

I didn't touch the BIOS - it was done instantly.

GrahamPywell 19:29 15 Jun 05

Many thanks to De Marcus & Slithe for replying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…