Boadband setup

woodchip 12:19 30 Mar 05

The line is not setup yet, but want to be ready when it is.

Got my connection kit from NTL

"but it's a Thomson Modem USB connector to computer", no Ethernet so it would need an adapter to Ethernet Router

two Micro filters and Ethernet wire to connect modem to BT line. but I have two Desktops and a Laptop so I need some form of Wireless connector to laptop and a router so I can connect all three, two wired via Ethernet and the laptop by means of wireless card. what is the cheapest way to go and could these be networked after if I wanted to.

Would I be better buying this to save some headache's
click here

and would it work as I do not know what the NTL CD does as regards setup. would it be looking for the Supplied Thomson Modem?

Technotiger 12:28 30 Mar 05

Hi, I don't know about wireless networking etc, but I have recently set-up ntl bb for two friends and I can say that yes it does look for the supplied modem. Also two filters were supplied with it.

Cheers.

Confab 12:43 30 Mar 05

You could try NTL's reccomended networking kit at click here

Just one point - the wireless installation software does not work with Win98 despite what it says on the tin!

Confab

woodchip 16:01 30 Mar 05

up

woodchip 17:47 30 Mar 05

So what about the link in thread

woodchip 18:46 30 Mar 05

May as well tick this as I am not getting any response

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…