Blurry text on win xp

sidecar profiteers 11:15 14 Nov 04

Morning all,I recently built a comp for my daughter who is 8.

i used lots of old bit's and pieces and it ended up a intel pen 3 650mhz 320 ram 20g/b h/d running win xp.

it worked fine but this morning she went to use it and the text on the desktop is blurry,i tried microsoft word and notepad and the text was blurry on both,but then played a game with text on it and it was crisp and clear.

i've looked at the setting on xp but not found anything to rectify this problem.

any help gratefully accepted

thanks

Gongoozler 11:40 14 Nov 04

If the text is blurry only in the horizontal direction, this points to a graphics card problem. If the blur is both horizontal and vertical this points to the monitor. What is different between text and games pictures is that text is usually a small amount of fine black detail on a white background, whereas games and other pictures are more evenly distributed over the whole tone range. When a monitor gets old the tube cathode often can't supply the amount of current required to light up the whole screen. Increasing the brightness to compensate can result in incorrect voltages to focus the beam. When this happens a new monitor is the only solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…