blurred images/text on monitor

pookie 11:07 08 Jan 04

hi

a collegue has booted up, monitor has since been on for 2 hours, and text and general image is 'dull'. we have checked refreash rate which is at 85 (we tried 'optimal' as well) and we tried adjusting contrast/etc. I have read previous posts re this and I think I've tried everything now to improve the image quality to what it was. Also, nothing electrical has been placed near monitor.

Monitor is old - it's an Adi microscan p50

anything else I could try?

many thanks

P

Gongoozler 11:44 08 Jan 04

Hi pookie, sad to say, but it's probably the end of the road for the monitor. The focus is determined by the various voltages on the tube electrodes. When the tube ages, the cathode emissions and the phosphor efficiency deteriorate, and the only way to compensate is by increasing the contrast and brightness settings. Unfortunately the generators of the electrode voltages can't maintain the currents required and the tube defocuses. You can usually prove this by seeing the picture go out of focus as the brightness control is turned up.

pookie 08:23 09 Jan 04

thanks for reply

i think we'll be ordering some new monitors

cheers

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…