Bluray problem

tigertop2 17:35 13 May 09

When I try to use a Bluray DVD in Cyberlink Power dvd I get a message

'Internal error
error code 80040154'
Can't find any help on the back forum posts and a registry scan using PC Tools registry mechanic is not showing any faults The drives play ordinary DVDs OK. It is only bluray DVDs and HD DVDs which are affected.

Any suggested solutions please?

OTT_Buzzard 17:42 13 May 09

Does this look familiar?

click here

tigertop2 20:22 13 May 09

Frankly no, But I will investigate. I have the OEM software from the LG DVD Bluray player loaded right now and that is, I think, version Power DVD7. I will probaly be better off to uninstall that and reload version 8 Ultra. I was pretty sure I was fully up to date with that but who knows . Thanks for the link. Why does it have to be so complicated!

woodchip 21:01 13 May 09

Yes are you using a Ati Graphics card?

tigertop2 09:56 14 May 09

woodchip, yes, an an 'ATI Powercolour 1Gb 4870. I have also reinstalled the 'Power DVD 8 Ultra' software and downloaded the latest revision of april 09. I have not time now to check it out but will do so later today. Will let all know if it works OK or not
thanks

woodchip 14:13 14 May 09

Looks like you need to try a nvida card

tigertop2 17:08 14 May 09

woodchip, can't for the life of me see that an Nvidia card would make any difference.
However OTT_Buzzard pointed me in the right direction. I reloaded Ultra 8 and got the April 09 update. It took a long time to download but fixed the problem It now works perfectly. I am still waiting for comments from Cyberlink but I understand a long wait for them is not uncommon.

Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…