Blueyonder/Webstar modems. Have u had problems?

corc2 22:49 11 Aug 04

There seems to be quite a few people having problems with Webstar DPX100 USB Cable modems/drivers. If you have had any probs - how did you solve them? Is it worth buying your own modem do you think?

johnsims 23:44 11 Aug 04

Would never accept the ISP cheap or free USB modem offering with a BB connection. USB modems are prone to drop connection if power supply through USB line is not sufficiently stable or strong. This can be caused by lots of other USB devices pulling power or a PSU that is not quite up to the overall task.

Would recommend shelling out a few quid more for a standalone ethernet dsl modem, preferably with a router built in. Router will contain a hardware firewall and also allows for easy networking and internet connection sharing should you want that (either now or later)

GORAL 19:33 12 Aug 04

If you ARE having problems with your Webstar modem, then I would contact Telewest who I have always found to be very helpful.

If not - stop worrying, I have had mine for a long time without any problems showing up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…