Blueyonder/pc world linksys wireless

Seadog 23:51 27 Nov 06

A friend recently bought a linksys router complete with one usb adapter from pc world. (special offer etc etc.....
The setup he has is a Telewest/Blueyonder cable modem connected to the Linksys router. The main pc is hard wired to the router and the usb wireless adapter is connected to his sons pc. His daughter is using a laptop with its own wireless unit built in.
We tried to set the system up using the cd-rom that came with it but got a "configuration error" halfway through the set up. There was nothing we could do to clear this error even after trying to re-install the software, so I accessed the router using 192.168.1.1 via IE and entered all the settings manually, going from page to page in the router configuration.
Eventually we managed to get on the internet and all computers were able to access the net. However, after rebooting the main computer and restarting the router all connection was lost. After much fiddling and re-entering the configuration settings (although they were all there, all I did was to click OK/next to accept the settings) it all came good again.
All was well we thought but occasionally the router still seems to drop the connection for no reason. Any pc can be in use on the net and then the internet connection is suddenly lost. The failure to connect/dropping the connection is random though, it seems as if the router is loosing its settings (although they are still there in the configuration) every now and then for no reason.
Sorry if this is a long post, any suggestions will be welcome.

Strawballs 10:46 28 Nov 06

I would take the router back to PC World and ask for them to exchange it, I have the Linksys wrt54g on NTL with the same 1 PC hard wired and a PC and laptop wireless and it has been working fine with no problems for about 18 months now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5